In a shocking news, 45 women below the age of 50 were stripped by a company supervisors in Kochi, Kerala, to check who was menstruating among them, when a sanitary pad was found in the company bathroom.
Read more about the news here http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/kerala-women-employees-stripped-at-private-firm-complaint-lodged/
The owner of the company is Mr. CYA Rahim. This is the facebook profile of the owner of the company and his image.
This is the office address.
ASMA RUBBER PRODUCTS PVT. LTD.
39-B, Cochin Special Economic Zone,
Kakkanad, Cochin- 682 037, Kerala, India.
Tel: +91-484 – 2413023,
Those who are concerned should ask him,
1. what actions did he take against the perpetrators?
2. what crime did the woman do if she came for work during her period?
3. Did the company make any law to not allow menstruating women to work at that time?
4. Do only rich families and their women have the privilege of modesty and dignity?
5. and finally how would he feel if one of the women of his family had been been treated the same way?
Mr. CYA Rahim, your company is a shame on India. If kerala Government desn’t suspend the licence of this company then it would be insulting the women of it’s state further more!